About Places for People
Places for People don’t just build houses; they create places.
With over 50 years’ experience in the business, they understand what it takes to make a community thrive, today, tomorrow, and in the long term.
The group works with private and public sectors and reinvests 100% of their profits to help local people achieve their goals. So from the start, places work. While others describe this ‘as taking a commercial approach to social outcomes’, Places for People prefer to think of this as an effective way to create sustainable communities.
It’s a groundbreaking approach to housing that is proving to be a winning formula for residents and the communities around them.
Places for People create destinations that work for everyone by:
- Providing affordable housing for all
- Building a wide range of homes, to rent and buy
- Creating and maintaining specialist accommodation, specifically for students and older people
- Providing care and support for people in the most difficult circumstances, including people with support needs, victims of domestic abuse and people battling homelessness
- Developing and managing leisure facilities
- Delivering health and wellbeing programmes
- Offering innovative financial products, so that even people who have been turned down by traditional banks can have financial security
The team at Places for People believe in looking beyond the present to see the big picture. While they appreciate that people and areas change, they are committed to long-term sustainability and know that great placemaking doesn’t happen over night; it requires careful planning, commitment and an understanding of the longer-term view. This outlook doesn’t just benefit today’s generation; it ensures a brighter future for generations to come.
Places for People, as the name suggests, is an organisation dedicated to providing homes for people from every walk of life As a result, they always offer a wide selection and multiple ways to buy a home. So whatever your budget, and whether you’re single, a couple, a family or a group of friends, you’ll find a home that’s right for you.
The group’s commitment to actively support those around them extends to their own people. This is reflected in a number of high profile industry awards, including:
• Investors in People - Gold award
This is the highest award for excellence in people management, achieved by only the top 7% of accredited UK organisations. The team received this in recognition of their work to help staff fulfil their potential.
• Investors in People Health & Wellbeing Award
Places for People were awarded this in recognition of their work to foster a happy, healthy workforce.
• Jobcentre Plus - Disability Confident Employer
The business was delighted to receive this and remains committed to employing, retaining and developing people with disabilities.
As the housing market changes, Places for People will continue to lead the way in creating places that work for everyone. And whatever the future brings, they will continue to innovate and evolve, ensuring every project becomes a home where people want to live.
Places for People: Key Facts
- Number of homes managed up by almost 20% to 182,725
- Turnover up by 29% to £795.1m
- 20XX - Derwent Living joined the Group
- £187m invested into new homes
- Number of homes built or acquired up by 35% to 1,519, including 312 affordable homes
- Investment in improving and maintaining homes up by 12% to £108.7m
- New contract wins will see 16,000 homes built over the coming years
- £85m of social value generated in the communities we operate in
- £400m corporate bond issued to fund the Group's social housing activities