We welcome all forms of feedback from our Brio customers and owners, whether positive or negative. We treat all feedback seriously, review it, and use it to promote continuous improvement in our services.
Please feel free to speak to any member of staff about any concerns at any time. Alternatively, or in addition, please write or email the Village Manager in the first instance. We will then handle it according to the following procedure:
- We will deal with written/email complaints in a speedy, responsive, accessible and user-friendly way. We will not treat you any differently if you make a complaint.
- The Village Manager will acknowledge a written/email complaint in writing/by email within 24 hours and provide an initial response in writing/by email within 5 calendar days.
- If you tell the Village Manager that you are not satisfied with our first response, we will escalate it to the Operations Director who will provide a further response in writing/by email within 5 calendar days of receiving the complaint.
- If you tell the Operations Director that you are not satisfied with our response, we will escalate it to the Managing Director, who will provide our final decision in writing/by email within 56 calendar days of first receiving the complaint, unless we have previously agreed a later deadline with you.
- If you advise us that you are not satisfied with our response at any stage, you will not need to restate your case or explain your reasons but may do so if you wish. Our escalation procedure simply ensures an independent review. Our Operations Director or Managing Director may also call or visit you to discuss the matter.
- We will cooperate in the same way with an intermediary acting on your behalf.
If you are not satisfied with our final decision, or we fail to provide it by the relevant deadline, you may refer your complaint to:
Scottish Public Services Ombudsman (Scotland)
In person: 4 Melville Street, Edinburgh, EH3 7NS
Post: Freepost SPSO (this is all you need to write on the envelope, and no stamp is needed)
Web form: www.spso.org.uk/contact-us
Tel: 0800 377 7330
In England unresolved complaints regarding care provided are not dealt with by the Housing Ombudsman Service but should be referred instead to:
Local Government (Social Care) Ombudsman (England)
53-55 Butts Rd, Coventry CV1 3BH
Web form: http://www.lgo.org.uk/forms/ShowForm.asp?fm_fid=62
Tel: 0300 061 0614
We will co-operate fully with the relevant Ombudsman during any investigation and comply fully with the resulting decision, which will be binding on us.