Terms & Conditions
These terms and conditions govern your use of this website. By using this website, you accept these terms and conditions in full. If you disagree with these terms and conditions or any part of these terms and conditions, you must not use this website.
You must be at least 18 years of age to use this website. By using this website and by agreeing to these terms and conditions you warrant and represent that you are at least 18 years of age.
License to use website
Unless otherwise stated, Liberty Retirement Living owns the intellectual property rights in the website and material on the website. Subject to the license below, all these intellectual property rights are reserved. You may view, download for caching purposes only, and print pages from the website for your own personal use, subject to the restrictions set out below and elsewhere in these terms and conditions.
You must not:
- republish material from this website (including republication on another website);
- sell, rent or sub-license material from the website;
- show any material from the website in public;
- reproduce, duplicate, copy or otherwise exploit material on this website for a commercial purpose;
- edit or otherwise modify any material on the website; or
- redistribute material from this website.
You must not use this website in any way that causes, or may cause, damage to the website or impairment of the availability or accessibility of the website; or in any way which is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful, or in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful purpose or activity.
You must not use this website to copy, store, host, transmit, send, use, publish or distribute any material which consists of (or is linked to) any spyware, computer virus, Trojan horse, worm, keystroke logger, rootkit or other malicious computer software.
You must not conduct any systematic or automated data collection activities (including without limitation scraping, data mining, data extraction and data harvesting) on or in relation to this website. You must not use this website to transmit or send unsolicited commercial communications.
This website is provided "as is" without any representations or warranties, express or implied. Liberty Retirement Living makes no representations or warranties in relation to this website or the information and materials provided on this website.
Although this website only looks to include quality, safe and relevant external links, users are advised to adopt a policy of caution before clicking any external web links mentioned throughout this website.
The owners of this website cannot guarantee or verify the contents of any externally linked website despite their best efforts. Users should therefore note they click on external links at their own risk and this website and its owners cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any external links mentioned.
Social Media Platforms
Communication, engagement and actions taken through external social media platforms that this website and its owners participate on are custom to the terms and conditions as well as the privacy policies held with each social media platform respectively.
Users are advised to use social media platforms wisely and communicate / engage upon them with due care and caution in regard to their own privacy and personal details. This website nor its owners will ever ask for personal or sensitive information through social media platforms and encourage users wishing to discuss sensitive details to contact them through primary communication channels such as by telephone or email.
This website may use social sharing buttons which help share web content directly from web pages to the social media platform in question. Users are advised before using such social sharing buttons that they do so at their own discretion and note that the social media platform may track and save your request to share a web page respectively through your social media platform account.
This website operates an email newsletter program, used to inform subscribers about products and services supplied by this website. Users can subscribe through an online automated process should they wish to do so but do so at their own discretion. Some subscriptions may be manually processed through prior written agreement with the user.
Subscriptions are taken in compliance with UK Spam Laws detailed in the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003. All personal details relating to subscriptions are held securely and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. No personal details are passed on to third parties nor shared with companies / people outside of the company that operates this website. Under the Data Protection Act 1998 you may request a copy of personal information held about you by this website's email newsletter program. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to the business address at the bottom of this policy.
Email marketing campaigns published by this website or its owners may contain tracking facilities within the actual email. Subscriber activity is tracked and stored in a database for future analysis and evaluation. Such tracked activity may include; the opening of emails, forwarding of emails, the clicking of links within the email content, times, dates and frequency of activity. This information is used to refine future email campaigns and supply the user with more relevant content based around their activity.
In compliance with UK Spam Laws and the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003 subscribers are given the opportunity to un-subscribe at any time through an automated system. This process is detailed at the footer of each email campaign. If an automated un-subscription system is unavailable clear instructions on how to un-subscribe will be detailed instead.
Limitations of liability
Liberty Retirement Living will not be liable to you (whether under the law of contact, the law of torts or otherwise) in relation to the contents of, or use of, or otherwise in connection with, this website:
- to the extent that the website is provided free-of-charge, for any direct loss;
- for any indirect, special or consequential loss; or
- for any business losses, loss of revenue, income, profits or anticipated savings, loss of contracts or business relationships, loss of reputation or goodwill, or loss or corruption of information or data.
These limitations of liability apply even if Liberty Retirement Living has been expressly advised of the potential loss.
By using this website, you agree that the exclusions and limitations of liability set out in this website disclaimer are reasonable. If you do not think they are reasonable, you must not use this website.
Liberty Retirement Living may revise these terms from time to time by updating or revising this posting, with the revised terms taking effect as of the date of its posting.
Law and jurisdiction
Liberty Retirement Living Prize Draw Terms & Conditions
1. No purchase necessary to enter the prize draw.
2. This prize draw is open to UK residents aged 18 years or over, with the exception of employees of the Promoter, their families, agents and anyone else connected with this promotion.
3. Entries must be received by midnight on 3rd September 2017. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries that are incomplete, illegible, corrupted or fail to reach the Promoter by the relevant closing date for any reason. Proof of posting or sending is not proof of receipt. Automatically generated entries and entries via agents or third parties are invalid and shall not be considered. Entries become the property of the Promoter and are not returned.
4. The Promoter or its agencies will not be responsible for the non-inclusion of entries or any claims as a result of being lost, late, illegible, incomplete, invalid, or because of technical failures or otherwise, including such failure which is within the control of the Promoter or its agencies.
5. Only one entry per person No entrant may win more than one prize.
6. To enter please complete the invitation reply form and return your invitation in the supplied envelope to Liberty Retirement Living, The White House, 10 Clifton, York, Yorkshire YO30 6AE, or contact liberty Retirement Living via the contact form on the website – libertyretirement.co.uk/chapelton/contact/ - to request an entry form.
7. All correctly completed entries will be entered a prize draw which will take place on 4th September 2017. The first entry drawn will be the winner.
8. The prize for the winner is £250 in value of John Lewis vouchers and will be subject to a 24 month expiry period. The winner will forfeit the £250 in John Lewis vouchers if they fail to redeem these within the 24 month period from the date of the vouchers.
9. The Prize is subject to availability. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter reserves the right (a) to substitute an alternative prize of equivalent or greater value and (b) in exceptional circumstances to amend or foreclose the promotion without notice. No correspondence will be entered into.
10. The winner will be notified via email or post by 8th September 2017. The winner must claim their prize within 30 working days of the Promoter sending notification. If the prize is unclaimed, rejected or non compliance with these terms and conditions, then after 20 October 2017, it will lapse and the Promoter reserves the right to offer the unclaimed prize to a substitute winner selected in accordance with these rules on a subsequent date. If a winner does not respond by 20 October 2017 or if any prize notification is returned as undeliverable, if the winner does not accept the prize or in the event of non-compliance with these prize draw terms and conditions, the Promoter reserves the right to withdraw prize entitlement and the prize will be forfeited and an alternative winner may be selected. Upon prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given.
11. The prize is as stated and is non-transferable and non refundable. No cash or other alternative is available (in whole or in part), except that in the event of circumstances outside its control, the Promoter reserves the right to provide a similar prize of equal or greater value.
12. To obtain details of the winner please email firstname.lastname@example.org stating the name of the prize draw in the subject heading within 4 weeks after the closing date.
13. By entering this prize draw, all entrants consent to the use of their personal data by the Promoter for the purposes of the administration of this prize draw and any other purposes to which the entrant has explicitly consented.
14. The Promoter may disqualify any entrant whose entry does not comply with these terms and conditions (in Promoter’s sole opinion) or who, in Promoter’s sole determination, has acted in a manner that is fraudulent, dishonest or unjust to other entrants including, without limitation, tampering with the operation of the prize draw, manipulating or rigging votes, hacking, deceiving, cheating or by harassing or threatening other entrants or a representative of Promoter.
15. The Promoter reserves the right to require the winner to provide proof of identity, age and residency, as the Promoter may deem necessary. Identification considered suitable for verification is at the Promoter's discretion.
16. By entering the prize draw the entrant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions and by the decisions of the Promoter, which are final in all matters relating to the prize draw.
17. The Promoter is Liberty Retirement Living (Chapelton) Limited), 1 Hay Avenue, Edinburgh EH16 4RW.
18. Nothing in these terms and conditions seeks to restrict your statutory rights as a consumer, or seeks to exclude or limit the Promoter's or the prize provider's liability for death or personal injury caused by their negligence or for fraud or any other liability that cannot be excluded by law.
19. The Promoter will only send marketing literature by email to entrants who have "opted-in" on the relevant entry form to receive emails in respect of further information from the Promoter and its affiliates and/or the prize provider and its affiliates. The Promoter may send marketing literature to entrants by post, but will always provide recipients with an option to "opt-out" of such marketing communications at any time.
20. These terms and conditions are governed in accordance with the laws of Scotland